A well-known leaker using the username Dusk Golem has obtained and shared several images of an alleged in-development Silent Hill match on Thursday. The screens, which had been posted to Dusk Golem’s Twitter account, were not active for long. According to the leaker, Konami quickly dove in to remove those images, though the specific reason why is unknown for now.
Dusk Golem is an established leaker, revealing clear details about games before studios announce them. For example, he revealed that Monster Hunter Rise would run on the RE Engine back in August 2020 before Capcom confirmed the details afterwards a September 2020 Nintendo Direct† He was also told that Resident Evil Village almost had mermaid monsters† So while Dusk Golem seems to have a proven track record, you should definitely take anything he says with a grain of salt. After all, this is a leak and, moreover, games in development are subject to change. If a game does endure, it might not look like it — or it might not come out at all.
On May 12, Dusk Golem . tweeted four images of what he claimed were of a Silent Hill game that is currently under development. He said the source was new, but the person gave him “more than enough evidence” to believe the images were legit, although nothing was substantiated with Kotaku† He also gave some details about the project, which apparently includes the names “Anita” and “Maya”, as well as a reference to text messages. So, as every leaker does, Dusk Golem posted this – just to block the images† he then went to Reset Era to claim that it was Konami who sent him the takedown notice.
Kotaku has contacted Konami for comment.
When Dusk Golem was reached via email for comment, he shared the images with Kotaku and gave some more information about the message he received.
“Never happened to anything else I’ve ever posted about Konami, first time for me,” said Dusk Golem. “I think they just removed it because it ruins some surprises, especially if people know what this project actually is (sorry, I won’t go into it because it’s a bit of a spoiler, and I think it would be harmful to be there for the developers and the players).”
The famous horror series, which first hit the scene in 1999, has now been inactive for a decade, with the last entry coming in 2012. Silent Hill: downpour† The franchise was about to make a comeback on the back of the iconic PT† before it was unceremoniously pulled from stores. These images, if associated with Silent Hill, are creepy. There are two with a collector’s room littered with boxes and trash, another of a figure standing in a sticky-lined hallway, and another of a woman’s face that lets go to reveal paper beneath the skin. Dusk Golem said the “shots are a little dated,” claiming they’re from a 2020 build and that the project probably “looks a little different now.” You can view them below.
It’s unclear if the takedown notice Dusk Golem received was from Konami. It is possible that someone was imitating the company, which happened last February when someone impersonated Nintendo to abuse YouTube’s DMCA policy. Dusk Golem said he vetted the message and is confident it came directly from Konami.
“The only notification I got was from Twitter,” said Dusk Golem. “If it was someone impersonating them, they did their homework quickly. I went through everything I could when I got it myself and everything is correct.”